Meditations that will change your life
Drop-in english meditation class with Gen Kelsang Palden, Wednesday 19:00 – 20:00
Enjoy an inspiring evening with practical advice and meditations with the Buddhist monk Gen Kelsang Palden. The evenings are self-contained and are suitable for beginners as well as advanced practitioners. It’s possible to join at any time!
Topic in May / June: Mindfulness and concentration
Concentration is essential for a happy life. Without the ability to focus our minds on peaceful, positive states, we remain prone to anxiety, dissatisfaction, and frustration. By training in mindfulness and concentration, we create a positive mind on the one hand and improve our ability to focus on the other. In this way, our everyday life becomes peaceful and productive.
- May, 18th The secrets of Concentration (Meditation on your object and Q&A)
- May, 25th Stay inspired, stay focussed (Meditation on your object and Q&A)
- June, 1st Keep going (Meditation on your object and Q&A)
- June 8, 15th no class due to the Spring Festival
Tipp: We offer a Dayretreat with Gen Palden on June, 18th.
What to expect?
- Receive a basic introduction on how to meditate,
- Deepen your understanding on how to meditate successfully and joyfully,
- Meet with likeminded people to meditate and to share your experience.
The Meditation Teacher
Gen Kelsang Palden is a Buddhist monk and the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Centre Austria.
He began his studies of Kadampa Buddhism in Dresden, Germany and since then has been committed to practicing Buddha’s teachings given by his spiritual guide Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche.
Gen Palden has been ordained since 2009 and has taught extensively in the Germany and Austria. He is loved and admired by his students because of his practical knowledge and warm presentations, authentic teachings, as well as his natural joy and sense of humour. He makes effort to put everyone at ease and to help them solve their many problems and anxieties with practical Dharma advice.